Case Study: Basement Home Cinema Room – Kensington, London
- 75″ TV Based Cinema Installation
- Bespoke Artcoustic Speakers in 5.2.1 format
- Anthem AVR providing 3D audio
- Custom Cabinet Work
- Crestron Control & Lighting System
A Very High End, Hidden Basement Home Cinema Room, London
This project proves that a very high end basement home cinema room can blend in to the most stylish of homes – in this Kensington Mews house this living room is in a specially constructed basement area. The extended and dug-out basement also houses storage and a wine cellar – just visible on our photographs through the glass door on the left hand side.
The Home Cinema System
Although aesthetic considerations were paramount for this home cinema room, our brief was clear – to deliver a home cinema which must be very high end with the ability for the room to be used as a reception room. After analysing the room size, and discussions with the client, a Samsung 75″ OLED TV was chosen. The full Artcoustic surround sound package provides stunning Dolby Atmos surround sound via an Anthem MRX-1120 AVR. The surround sound speaker package is as follows:
- 2 x Artcoustic SL24-12 – Front Left and Right Speakers – Built in to cabinet work either side of TV.
- 1 x Artcoustic HSPL Bespoke Width Sound Bar – Center speakers – mounted under TV.
- 1 x Artcoustic Control 3 subwoofer – mounted in the right hand bookshelf and covered in custom acoustic cloth.
- 2 x Artcoustic SL8-4 – Rear Left and Right Speakers – Finished in custom colours to match the walls.
- 2 x Artcoustic Architect 4-2 – Right and Left Height Channels – Finished in custom colours to match the ceiling.
The above audio package, integrated so subtly in to this room, ensures a stunning audio experience. The ARC room correction built in to the Anthem amplifier ensures the room sounds at it’s absolute best and custom Artcoustic Absorber wall panels enhance the acoustic profile of the room (mounted above the Chesterfield sofa with custom art work split over the three panels). Even the addition of a bean bag under the stairs serves a dual purpose – provide emergency seating and provide a bass trap to improve acoustics!